2017 table dimensions

Discussion in 'Quakecon FAQs' started by MilkmanWes, Apr 18, 2017.

1. MilkmanWes

MilkmanWes Baby's First WASD

Jul 14, 2016
    I know it may be a bit early to be asking this, but the dimensions for this years spaces at BYOC, has that been announced?

Was thinking about displays etc for our group and figured I better get an idea of what kind of space I have to work with before we go too far down that road.

2. jex

jex Orbital Strike

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    The tables are typically provided by QuakeCon instead of the venue so if you were there previous years then you *should* have the same amount of space you had in the past. Someone else on staff this year might be able to answer otherwise but unless they've bought all new tables I believe it will be the same furniture and space allocations.

http://www.qconforums.com/forums/threads/byoc-table-size-and-banners.3054/

3. Signus

Signus Physics Don't Apply

Aug 5, 2011
    Denver, CO
    We have the biggest tables out of any convention, ask anyone! Our tables are so big you can fit tables on top of tables! I'm not an expert on tables or anything, but I know my tables. They are YUUUUGE.

I would imagine they are still renting from the same or a similar vendor for tables and chairs and if anything they would request the same size to avoid changes in cost and organization.

Vargess and jex like this.
  4. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Baby's First WASD

Jul 15, 2011
    Negative. The only way QuakeCon has "provided" the tables and chairs is by renting them from either the venue or Freeman. I don't recall any big difference in what was provided at the Anatole versus the years we were at the Gaylord previously though.

5. Signus

Signus Physics Don't Apply

Aug 5, 2011
    Denver, CO
    My apologies, that's what I meant by "vendor". Couldn't remember the name of those guys!

I don't recall either. LANs end up with 6ft or 8ft tables either way, but I would say it's pretty likely we'll continue to have 6ft unless something changes with rentals.

6. twodavez

twodavez Forum Staff Staff Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne, In
    I'd also assume 6' standard buffet tables. It's going to be a tight BYOC this year, so 6 footers are the way to max out the BYOC spots.

7. jex

jex Orbital Strike

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    The point was...they don't typically use the ones from the hotel. I assume they will be the same ones with the occasional splinters as always.

8. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Baby's First WASD

Jul 15, 2011
    I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, because we have definitely used tables from the Anatole. However, they didn't have enough so they were supplemented with rentals from Freeman.

9. jex

jex Orbital Strike

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    Lol I give up...