Alcohol policy for main stage

Discussion in 'General' started by Neg1, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Neg1

Neg1 Forum Staff Staff Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    QuakeCon and hotel staff has ask use to let you know the alcohol/drink policy for the main stage.

No coolers
    No Handles of alcohol
    No glass

Only single drinks in plastic cups are allowed to be brought in.

2. Sirskippy

Sirskippy Forum Staff Staff Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    128 oz Thirst Tamer it is then!

3. twodavez

twodavez Forum Staff Staff Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne, In
    Were there issues from last nights MPT that caused them to need to let people know what's allowed?
    You'd think if they wanted the information out, they would've done it before MPT. Although i did notice that during the sketch in the middle of the movie, the guy didn't run around and drink drink drink!

4. MrEvil

MrEvil Professional Badass

Jul 14, 2011
    Murphy, TX
    If it is like years past, the hotel will have cash bars open during finals tonight.

5. twodavez

Apr 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne, In
    I heard rumors that there is a limited amount of free beer at the final's party, then it turns into a cash bar after that runs out. Is this true, or is the free booze just in the roped off section in the back for the sponsors and big wigs of the event?
    I know there is always free bawls and other beverages available during MPT and the finals party...

6. ShempsKid

ShempsKid PhD in Pain

Jul 19, 2012
    Plano, Texas
    There are several kegs of free beer available and until it runs out, its free. There is a cash bar available at all times for mixed drinks ect. The big wigs and small wigs in the VIP get free drinks I think, but I am wig-less and don't know about the VIP from experience.

7. Neg1

Neg1 Forum Staff Staff Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    They had lots of free beer this year, just Budweiser and bud light. They also had a cash bar available at inflated hotel prices. The hotel was allowing people to bring in one drink with them as long as it was not in glass, so you could have mixed up your own drink outside and bought it in.

The main reason they had to enforce the one outside drink and no glass rule for finales was because of what went down during MPT. Lots of people brought in coolers which people had done the previous years, the problem became after MPT when there was trash everywhere and broken glass. It took the hotel longer then they were expecting to clean up after MPT so they did not want a repeat of that after the finials party. The Hilton knows what type of event quakecon is and they are not trying to stop us from having fun, but when the room is totally trashed they have to put some rules in place to prevent it from happening again.

8. twodavez

Apr 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne, In
    I'll have to make sure to attend the beginning of the finals party to get some free beer next year. I usually come in towards the end of the Quake games to see the wrap-up.

And i totally understand about the mess, it was kinda messy after the finals party, and i don't think people get as rowdy after that as they do for MPT.

9. halfkiller

halfkiller Orbital Strike

Jul 13, 2013
    Liberty, Tx
    Yeah, free beer and free bawls, as well as snacks and what not. It was quite nice and a surprise that we were given FREE stuff when they could have easily sold it all off.