BYOC LAN Game Tracker (Adds your LAN games Automatically!) Pick up LAN games here!

Discussion in 'General' started by FL0WL0W, Aug 25, 2017.

1. FL0WL0W

FL0WL0W Lost Packets

Aug 2, 2012
  2. jex

jex Orbital Strike

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    Man...so many people were so salty through that whole thing....QuakeLive worked just fine. Those of us that have been to a real LAN party (no offence to QuakeCon since it's the ultimate LAN party) know how those things used to work. So many kids around us were like...how do we game together without the internet?!

3. Signus

Signus Space Marine

Aug 5, 2011
    Denver, CO
    The problem being that you had to have some games installed, which people (including our group) basically went back and forth between "Do you have [game]?" and "Does [game] work on LAN?" which was ultimately an annoyance for some people.

Some people tend to prepare with a handful of games and we're so used to being able to just grab whatever games we want during the "LAN" that we tend to forget to grab them first. I just need to have an emergency install of a bunch of LAN games on a USB stick in the future. :cool:

4. jex

jex Orbital Strike

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    Yeah...even though internet and power area always things that seem to have issues at LAN parties I didn't do quite the amount of prepping of my machine that I usually do. Next time though...next time I'll be ready and we'll have great internet with no issues!

5. Signus

Signus Space Marine

Aug 5, 2011
    Denver, CO
    You fucked us already. Now we're going to have an outage. WHY DID YOU SAY THAT?!

6. Signus

Signus Space Marine

Aug 5, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Also FL0WL0W I never did hit you up about getting that source. I was thinking about starting up a clean project with a React frontend and not too sure what I'd do about a backend, but I'm certainly not a Microsoft-oriented developer so...Linux FTW! :p

7. jex

jex Orbital Strike

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    Because NOW...it doesn't matter because we'll be ready. You kids and your requirement to have internet.

8. Signus

Signus Space Marine

Aug 5, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I have a problem, okay?!

[​IMG]