COMMUNITY COMPETITIONS

Discussion in 'Quakecon News 2017' started by Neg1, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Neg1

Neg1 Forum Staff Staff Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Source: http://www.quakecon.org/blog/2017/04/12/community-competitions-reach-new-heights-at-quakecon-2017/

[​IMG]
    As we teased in our first QuakeCon Update, we’re bringing a new focus to community competitions for our attendees this year with more than $50,000 in prizes! Here’s a first-look at our competitions programming.

First, we have a strong line up from the id catalog:
    • QUAKE II, 20th Anniversary Duel – $10,000
    • QUAKE LIVE 4v4 CTF – $10,000
    • Battle of the BYOC: DOOM 2v2 Clan Arena – $7,000
    • The Elder Scrolls: Legends – $5,000
    • QUAKE Duel – $5,000
    • RAGE Road Rage FFA – $5,000
    We’ll also have fun competitions in the latest entry of the QUAKE franchise to liven up Friday and Saturday night, and an esports qualifier that we’ll have more details on soon.

[​IMG]

Additionally, we’re also very excited to announce that we’ll be hosting our first ever QuakeCon cosplay contest, with $5,000 in cash prizes for the best cosplay inspired by the games published by Bethesda Softworks.

Stay tuned because In the coming weeks we’ll have more details on all of these competitions, including the formats, rules, prize breakdowns, and some of the awesome details that will make the community competitions in the BYOC something you surely don’t want to miss!

2. twodavez

twodavez Forum Staff Staff Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne, In
    AWESOME!!!!

3. Dienamix

Dienamix Space Marine

Aug 7, 2011
    Yay! That's one thing that I was always drawn too at blizzcon was the costume contest. I'm looking forward to seeing some people cosplay from the bethesda games :D

4. jex

jex Orbital Strike

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    I'm also going to have to give a hard yes to this. Cosplay competitions make EVERYTHING better.

5. gnar killin

gnar killin Physics Don't Apply

May 11, 2015
    I'm just glad it has to be quake related. Personally I'm not a fan of the fantasy stuff you see at blizcon and dreamhack. This event is Quakecon!

6. theBrayn

theBrayn Physics Don't Apply

Jul 1, 2013
    "inspired by the games published by Bethesda Softworks"

This includes Elder Scrolls games...

7. jex

jex Orbital Strike

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    HarleyPan likes this.
  8. HarleyPan

HarleyPan Baby's First WASD

Jun 24, 2016
    Orlando, FL
    I am so here for this.

My group was already planning to make Prey and Evil Within cosplays. What we do for this awesome contest depends on if there's a best group award and how much the prizes are. Cause we might split up and put in our best cosplay for best in show. We're thinking of making a Phantom Typhon from Prey.

Any idea of someone I can email for more information or just hold on until they publicly announce? I remember speaking to a staff member last year that told me she was wanting to bring in a cosplay event after seeing the cosplay present there that year. Especially when I was a Quake character at QuakeCon and people thought I didn't belong and didn't know what I was so yeah.

9. HarleyPan

Jun 24, 2016
    Orlando, FL
    Aw man or those Ducati Moto cosplays or Family Fun Card Games.

jex likes this.
  10. HarleyPan

Jun 24, 2016
    Orlando, FL
    Nevermind on the email thing, just found the thread. Maybe I should read more.

11. AlGore

AlGore Space Marine

Aug 4, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    I think that anyone that goes in a Brink costume will get a lot of cheers just for the balls of showing up in that.