Cosplay @ Quakecon

Discussion in 'Cosplay' started by Clov3r, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Clov3r

Clov3r Explosive Footwork

Jul 18, 2011
    Hi everyone, my name is Stephanie AKA Clov3r and I'm the Director of Cosplay at Quakecon for this year's event. We'll be making a lot of announcements in regards to cosplay at Quakecon very soon. Cosplay competition information will be announced next week hopefully. And we'll be releasing official rules on costume materials, restrictions, weapons and props policies and of course and any other information you might have in regards to dressing up at the event.

This will be our first year officially adding cosplay to our schedule, and we couldn't be more excited! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's creativity.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me here, on Discord or through any other means of social media. You can always send me an email at klover@quakecon.org

Cheers!
    Stephanie "Klov3r" Mayes
    Quakecon Director of Cosplay

2. jex

jex Orbital Strike

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    This was brilliant btw. There's not many things more awesome to add to conventions than a cosplay competition. It makes the event that much more photogenic. You'd be amazed what it can do for free advertising.

3. NightLilly

NightLilly Physics Don't Apply

Mar 25, 2015
    Texas
    I'm so excited for this! I'm on the edge for the details to be released so I can start crafting my cosplay. I have a few ideas in mind already.

4. jex

jex Orbital Strike

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    Don't be afraid to be creative...the list of Bethesda releases are not limited to the few that everyone know. ;)

5. NavyChief

NavyChief Orbital Strike

Jul 19, 2012
    Arlington, TX
    This should be interesting!

6. NightLilly

Mar 25, 2015
    Texas
    Is it strictly Bethesda game characters? Do Quakecon themed and id themed qualify since it's all in the same family?

7. deathb0t

deathb0t Physics Don't Apply

Jul 2, 2013
    I was just going to buy a giant golden wig, and wear my doom/quake guy shirt. :D

8. deathb0t

Jul 2, 2013
    super-giant-afro-wig.jpg

LIke this but blonde?

NightLilly likes this.
  9. deathb0t

Jul 2, 2013
    I thought this was the best. 13525574_159530717797302_55682822_n.jpg

10. Clov3r

Clov3r Explosive Footwork

Jul 18, 2011
    Hi NightLilly, any Bethesda or id title is acceptable! Our friends at Bethesda have also said that anyone cosplaying Bethesda logos, bethesda/id memes, quakecon inspired things, and even employees is OK. We're looking forward to seeing everyone's amazing cosplays at this year's event. Whether you compete or not - we're here to support you, the fans!

Thanks <3

Neg1 and jex like this.
  11. ShdSteel

ShdSteel Lost Packets

Jun 26, 2017
    You'll see me as Blazkowicz this year!

NightLilly likes this.
  12. Neg1

Neg1 Forum Staff Staff Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I am not into cosplay myself but I love to see all the cosplay that people do at events. I really hope this takes off at Quakecon.
    Based on the rules they say any Bethesda or id title, so anything on this list should be allowed in the contest https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bethesda_Softworks_video_games

A lot of generic and mainstream thing other than what Bethesda is now famous for, like Terminator, Home Alone, Where's Waldo(one of the worst games on the NES lol), Pirates of the Caribbean, Drag racing, football and hockey.

13. Kasijjuf

Kasijjuf Lost Packets

Jul 13, 2017
    Do the games id developed as part of their contract for Softdisk in the early 90's count as valid source material for the cosplay contest?
    • Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion
    • Rescue Rover
    • Shadow Knights
    • Hovertank 3D
    • Catacomb 3D: The Descent

jex likes this.
  14. ShdSteel

ShdSteel Lost Packets

Jun 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

Hmmmmmmmm

NightLilly and HarleyPan like this.
  15. NightLilly

Mar 25, 2015
    Texas
    This is ammmmazing. :) Did you make it out of EVA Foam?