Gaylord Texan Room to share - Full

Discussion in 'Roommate Board' started by TheWildcat, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWildcat

TheWildcat Space Marine

Aug 3, 2011
    Texas
    This is a Standard Room. I'm using it for sleeping, bathing, and storage of property.

If you know me, then you know I'm a big, big man. I need a bed and don't think anyone can comfortably share it with me. Really, I'm too long for them and tend to sleep diagonally anyway.

That leaves one bed and/or floor space and/or a roll away cot which will add $25 per night if requested.

I'm looking for 2 or 3 people. My main reason for doing this is because it would help cut some of my costs. And I figure someone might want the help getting an on-site room.

It is not for parties or anything like that. It's in my name and on my card, so no breaking things or running up my bill. Keep it civil and be respectful of others rest.

PM me to discuss.

I'm looking at over $1150 before any parking or expenses and could use the cost help. Per night, I'm asking $76 per person. For all 5 nights, that would be about $380 with 3 people.

Current Status:

Bed 1: TheWildcat
    Slot 1: Curiosity
    Slot 2: NuclearSTStorm
    Slot 3: PortaPotty

Original Message:

Okay, once again I am looking for a room to share. I cannot afford to book a room at this time. In just a few hours I'm heading to PAX South and have no money to risk getting charged even a one night fee. So I am looking for someone that has already booked a room. If I still don't have a room when I get my tax refund, I'll book one at that time and begin searching for room mates.

I'm trying to find a room for sleeping, bathing, and storage. I'm also trying to find one for as many nights as possible. I'm hoping to arrive Monday and stay till the next Monday. However, I'm good with Wednesday through Sunday if need be. I'm building the trip around what I can arrange.

I will be using my tax refund to cover this, but really would like to keep the price down so an additional roommate or two isn't a problem.

If you have a room for me, let me know. PM me to work out details.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Curiosity likes this.
  2. TheWildcat

TheWildcat Space Marine

Aug 3, 2011
    Texas
    Okay, I've received my refund and have been told by folks on the discord that it shouldn't be an issue anyway. I've now booked a standard room and am looking for 2 to 3 people to join me.

I'm updating my original post to reflect this.

Curiosity likes this.
  3. DarthBurrito

DarthBurrito Baby's First WASD

Jan 25, 2012
    Irving, TX
    You can put me down for a Maybe. Looks like my usual group is not going this year. Cant tell from your post if you want people for all the nights you're staying, but I can do Friday-->Sat-->Sun.

4. TheWildcat

TheWildcat Space Marine

Aug 3, 2011
    Texas
    Well, I have three people in the spots I had planned for. And WinD has expressed interest in a floor spot.

I wasn't specifically planning for 5 or 6 people in the room, but we could probably do it. I'm not sure how big the rooms are. But that would help with the costs.

I'm not worried about people that are staying for the full duration. You just have to decide if you want a floor spot and to be a bit crowded.

5. jex

jex Space Marine

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    Your thread title caught me off guard. I was like 'surely the entire hotel isn't full, that would be absurd'. Thankfully I see now that you are just talking about the room you booked so congrats for getting all the folks you need and stunning me for a moment. I'm going to blame my gullible response on lack of sleep.

6. twodavez

twodavez Super Moderator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne, In
    Hope it's ok, i updated the title, as it also caught me off-guard that the hotel was full, instead of just this room.

jex likes this.
  7. TheWildcat

TheWildcat Space Marine

Aug 3, 2011
    Texas
    It's not a problem.

You guys just be aware that if I did somehow have the connections to know something like that, I would have posted in the general forums and said something about there being no rooms left or something.

In actuality, what I've had here is a status box I update for the room and a title to tell people the room was full, but I've still continued to receive roommate inquiries.

That's not a problem either, but to you interested folks I've had 3 people already take the spots and two more ask about spots. We can probably work them in, but will be very much a full room.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  8. PortaPotty

PortaPotty Baby's First WASD

Feb 26, 2016
    well i have no issues with more if it helps you out i just want first dibs on floor spots :) and don't forget you should rent out the bath tub :)

9. twodavez

twodavez Super Moderator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne, In
    Isn't the tub where all the beer goes with Ice to keep it cold?

jex likes this.
  10. jex

jex Space Marine

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    You might continue to update your original roommates; if you add too many they may not be as excited to room with you so you might have to stop at like 20. : P

Probably good call to update the title...although it was probably a good way to have people view the post cause everyone was going to click on it to see if it was actually full!

11. KamaKazi06

KamaKazi06 "Fucking Quake Master' Staff Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Oklahoma City, TX
    So since this is full thread closed.. Stay tuned for others in the near future!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.