Official Cosplay Announcment

Discussion in 'Cosplay' started by jex, Apr 19, 2017.

1. jex

jex Space Marine

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    http://www.quakecon.org/blog/2017/0...for-quakecons-first-ever-cosplay-competition/

[​IMG]

We’re excited to announce an all new competition to QuakeCon 2017. Based on feedback and demand (and a desire to see amazing costumes), we’re pleased to announce the 1st Annual QuakeCon Cosplay Competition — featuring a $5,000 prize pool up for grabs on Saturday during the events Awards Ceremony.

We invite all cosplayers to craft their best Bethesda and/or id game-themed costumes and make the journey to Grapevine in August for our first Cosplay Competition. While, contestants do not need to be BYOC seat holders — all cosplayers will need to register to participate onsite at QuakeCon on Thursday, August 24th between 10am to 6pm, and finalists will need to be prepared to attend the event through Saturday, August 26th..

Looking for a few ideas? Among others, these franchises feature characters/creatures eligible for the competition: Commander Keen, Dishonored, DOOM, The Elder Scrolls, The Evil Within, Fallout, Prey, Quake, Rage, and Wolfenstein.

Want to learn more? Refer to our official rules here.

[​IMG]

2. jex

jex Space Marine

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    If I see someone dressed as Commander Keen then I'm going to need a picture in order to document me meeting the character that taught my generation of PC gamers that it's ok to murder your vegetables.

HarleyPan and NightLilly like this.