OVER - One Last Seat to Giveaway

Discussion in 'General' started by Neg1, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Neg1

Neg1 Administrator Staff Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    We have one seat left to giveaway! Post below why you think you should get the seat. One person will be picked to win the seat.

This is a short contest and the winner will be picked 2 hours from the time of this post, Midnight central time.

I am not going to advertise this on twitter or anything so you true forum whor3s and lurkers will have a better chance of winning.

Good Luck

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  2. pwny18

pwny18 Lost Packets

Jul 2, 2014
    Never been to the BYOC, been to QuakeCon a few times. It has been my dream to attend but never had the time till this year Hell, I even traveled to QuakeCon last year and my car broke down. (Totally worth by the way) I've been wanting to attend for four years now, been watching these forums for hours for weeks and scouring Reddit to get a ticket now that I have the money and would worship you as my God if you pick me. I will put you on my wall and lay out a towel to worship you until I die. I'll even take you out to lunch/dinner and tell everyone on the way how great of a God you are as I pass out packets and slips locating them to your church, which I will build in your honor.

All praise lord Neg1.

3. =HPSF=RMP

=HPSF=RMP PhD in Pain

Jul 17, 2011
    Keller, TX
    I want to win this seat to give it to Crue Ondanet, who wasn't able to buy a seat and hasn't been lucky enough to win one. :)

4. Celex

Celex Lost Packets

Aug 4, 2013
    I would love a BYOC ticket to QuakeCon to give to my Girlfriend. This will be my 4th year in a row to attend the con, my girlfriend, however, is coming for her first time. She found out last minute that she was going to be able to tag along this year but it was too late to get her a seat. I have been stalking the forums for the past 2 weeks just hoping for an opportunity like this to come about. Either way, I know we will both have a great time this year but man it would be awesome for her to be able to game with me and my friends as well!

5. SnoochieBooch

SnoochieBooch Explosive Footwork

Jul 19, 2011
    Grapevine, TX
    Suuuuuuuuuuup, I'd like to win a seat too! I think I'm in the same boat as many of the other people here. I've got a friend that's never been to Quakecon for BYOC and didn't know she could come along until now. Actually she was a bit influenced to go, she's a huge Doom fan and when she heard the new Doom would be revealed at Quakecon she went in to CRAZY fan girl mode, lol.

*edit: forgot this'd be her first quakecon

6. TITAN

TITAN Lost Packets

Jul 11, 2014
    Hello family. I've been playing quake for the last 10 years and have always been a early bird for the byoc lines... never registered online because the atmosphere of the line and seeing all the people/friends pass by in costumes/smiles was all I ever knew. I found out this year there will no longer be a 'first come first serve' line and really wish I had registered online instead. I placed 10th-15th in the quakecon duel open tourney for 2010 and 5th in 2011. If I win this I will wear a shirt saying anything you desire, drawn on artistically by yours truly with sharpies. I've been known to have one of the best hugs in the world.

Another benefit to going to quakecon would be that I might actually experience real sunlight in transit. This ominous glowing star that people talk about is all but a faint memory as I have switched from analog to digital with my 120hz tanning monitor. Please please please please.

Really want to meet some of the friends i've made online recently.

and last but least. MY BIRTHDAY IS JULY 18TH. I want nothing more than to celebrate with my quake family :)

In-game name TLTAN (looks like TITAN) gg Lower-case L.

7. Neg1

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Great posts guys, wish we had more seats to giveaway but sadly we don't. 5 people posted so I just did a random.org 1-5 generator.

Number 1 won. Congratulations to pwny18

Capture.PNG

pwny18 I will be sending you a PM with the seat token, please check it quick time to reg is almost over.

To everyone else please still come to quakecon even if you don't have a BYOC seat, so many other things to do and see.

8. pwny18

pwny18 Lost Packets

Jul 2, 2014
    And so the building begins, I shall make blueprints for your church my lord.

9. dp_

dp_ Administrator Staff Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Can I get in on this action? Sounds hilariously awesome

10. Neg1

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I would like to give a big shout out to TnT_trash for hooking the forums up with LOTS of seats to giveaway over the last few months. Its been a lot of fun to give them away knowing that we were helping the hardcore quakecon community.

11. Iamdonfuller

Iamdonfuller Lost Packets

Jun 3, 2014
    Ovilla, Texas
    Thank you both, very much appreciated.

12. =HPSF=RMP

=HPSF=RMP PhD in Pain

Jul 17, 2011
    Keller, TX
    thanks guys

13. Neg1

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    TITAN Please check your PM's, I found another seat that was not claimed in the pool of seats they sent us. Its yours now.

I think that's it now for seats, but if I happen to come across another I will let you guys know.

14. TITAN

TITAN Lost Packets

Jul 11, 2014
    Epic!! Thank you so much

15. Sirskippy

Sirskippy Administrator Staff Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    I think we should hold pwny18 to it :D

16. pwny18

pwny18 Lost Packets

Jul 2, 2014
    I'll grab my hammer, im no architecture but I'll do my best.

17. WhatDoesntFoxSay

WhatDoesntFoxSay Lost Packets

Jul 14, 2014
    Dallas
    I realize the contest is over, but I still want post and see if I get lucky. I play PC games more then I work, sleep, or eat. Here is poem I wrote about my problem:

I moved into Dallas
    just one year ago
    games were my compass
    but I did not know

that here in the city
    for a few July nights
    gamers will rally
    compete, race, and fight

this glorious time
    that I've now heard of
    I will claim as mine
    to treasure and love