Schedule (Guidebook)

Discussion in 'General' started by Neg1, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J0E

J0E Explosive Footwork

May 25, 2012
    Toledo, Ohio
    I love having the Guidebook app every year for Quakecon, it really helps making sure I don't miss anything. I spent about 20 minutes yesterday trying to configure it on my Android device (trying to change my profile picture really) to no avail. I downloaded it on my iOS device and was able to customize the app without any trouble and all changes were reflected once i reinstalled the Android app. I understand that its in a private stage but I sure hope some updates to the android version get released before the event

2. Neg1

Neg1 Forum Staff Staff Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Schedule has been pulled from app, added a disclaimer since all that info was kind of early and might change.

3. Retrosmith

Retrosmith Physics Don't Apply

Feb 16, 2014
    Springfield, MO
    Kind of early?? While I'm a Quakecon virgin this is not my first large event and it seems really odd not to have a schedule set when the event is *two weeks away*. Is that normal here?

4. Neg1

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Its kind of quakecons thing to not announce stuff early. Some things are a given every year like the BYOC, Master Pancake Theater, Keynote/Welcome Speech, Finales Event and PC Perspective. So the only stuff that they really have to announce is what panels they are having and what games they are for, the sponsors, contests and what tournaments they are having. We all wish Quakecon would announce things earlier but those dang legal teams hold them back. If you had listened to our game night streams since the beginning of the year some things that have been announced in the past few weeks were leaked or alluded to and if you can kind of read between the lines on some posts made by Qukaecon staff here you got hints at what was being planned.

Since the event is "free' they don't have to sell it like other cons that charge every person that comes in the door on content of the event. Most of the event is the BYOC the other stuff is kind of like the extras, thats why at other cons like PAX, RTX they have schedules up months in advance of the event since the only thing to do is go to panels or the expo floor.

5. Retrosmith

Feb 16, 2014
    Springfield, MO
    That all makes sense, thanks for the info!

6. Neg1

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Schedule posted.

7. Androktasie

Androktasie Physics Don't Apply

Anyone know what the Attendees list is going to be used for, if anything? I've been getting a few connection requests from people I don't know.

8. Retrosmith

Feb 16, 2014
    Springfield, MO
    I had assumed it was just a form of social networking, where you list yourself as attending (you can even toggle that on and off at will) and connect with others who will be there as well. Is there more to it?

9. Androktasie

Androktasie Physics Don't Apply

Dunno. I could see them doing something with sharing info to vendors perhaps.

Really I'm just asking because I want to keep push notifications turned on since generally speaking they're useful, but I don't want to keep rejecting this one dude "Hurricane" (Shane) multiple times a day, even right now at this ungodly hour as I'm typing this. Can't recall ever meeting someone online or IRL with that handle.

10. JethroBoom

JethroBoom Space Marine

Jul 31, 2013
    DFW
    I agree, I'll turn the push notifications on when I get there, for now they stay off. Tired of people I do not know trying to connect with me.

11. teh lorax

teh lorax Physics Don't Apply

Feb 24, 2014
    lol, as soon as I checked in, "Hurricane" (Shane) wanted to connect. I find that a little creepy

12. JethroBoom

JethroBoom Space Marine

Jul 31, 2013
    DFW
    yeah same here, not sure if overly friendly or spambot.

13. Buzzkill84

Buzzkill84 Space Marine

Jul 16, 2011
    It kinda hurts my feelings that he didn't hit me up when I joined. Love the app though

14. Eradicator

Eradicator Explosive Footwork

Apr 10, 2015
    Garland, TX
    Forgive me for being a total n00b or for breaking rule #1, but how do you join the forum whores? For my reference, I submit my Quakecon Dove Info-graphic... Oh an tee shirt design contest winning entry...

Attached Files:

15. ShempsKid

ShempsKid PhD in Pain

Jul 19, 2012
    Plano, Texas
    Gahh you revived an old post and i was fooled into thinking it was new...

Anyone that wants to be a forum Wh0r3 is a forum wh0r3. Welcome to the club. We sell badges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.