The Good Within at QuakeCon!

Discussion in 'General' started by dp_, Jul 11, 2014.

1. dp_

dp_ Forum Staff Staff Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Copy pasta straight from bethesda!

2. KamaKazi06

KamaKazi06 "Fucking Quake Master' Staff Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Oklahoma City, TX
    :text-+1:

3. SpiderDan

SpiderDan Baby's First WASD

Jul 4, 2013
    Wilkes Barre, Pa
    What's "the chill pack" consist of? :)

4. NavyChief

NavyChief Orbital Strike

Jul 19, 2012
    Arlington, TX
    Most blood donors will typically get a juice and snack for their donations. This will probably be along the same lines, consisting of a drink and snack. Would love to get a pin that can be placed on the lanyard to show that I donated.

5. SpiderDan

SpiderDan Baby's First WASD

Jul 4, 2013
    Wilkes Barre, Pa
    I'm counting on AT LEAST some fluids and a snack. :) I've given almost a gallon by now, so it's a familiar drill... Like you, I'm kind of hoping for maybe another PC related swag / goodie. LOL Even a pin or a raffle tic, etc. would be extra incentive!

6. twodavez

twodavez Forum Staff Staff Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne, In
    Just make sure the gamers, especially the first time givers, realize that giving blood and then drinking 3 bawls and gaming until 4 am night after night isn't a good mix.
    I've been giving for over 10 years now and while i think it's a GREAT cause, i just don't want someone to over do it and get hurt in the process.
    Ever donation can save up to 3 lives, so please give if you can, just know that you're body needs a day to or two to recover before your 100%.
    Thanks all

7. JethroBoom

JethroBoom Space Marine

Jul 31, 2013
    DFW
    Yeah, staff should consider posting some bullet points at the donation station in addition to the normal old hat about how to handle post donation.