Volunteer Staff Sign Up!

Discussion in 'Volunteer Information' started by Neg1, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Neg1

Neg1 Forum Staff Staff Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Source: http://www.quakecon.org/blog/2017/07/14/join-the-quakecon-volunteer-staff/

This year we’re excited to roll out a new program and a big change for QuakeCon: we’re expanding our volunteer staff. The volunteers at QuakeCon has been an integral part of our event since the very beginning more than twenty years ago. For more than a decade there were two ways to volunteer at QuakeCon: by join the full time volunteer staff or by helping as an on-demand volunteer at the event.

This year we’re changing that by expanding our staff and including part-time volunteers as part of the core team that makes the operation of QuakeCon possible.

If you’re interested in joining the staff of QuakeCon, we have an online application form that you can complete to help us match you up with the right opportunity.

2. FreAk

FreAk Forum Staff Staff Member

Jul 15, 2011
    If using mobile use landscape; the same orientation you would use if playing Fallout Shelter. If your phone is oriented vertically (taller than it is wide) you may not be able to see all the check boxes and radio buttons.

Neg1 likes this.
  3. ShempsKid

ShempsKid PhD in Pain

Jul 19, 2012
    Plano, Texas
    Oops hope I didn't miss anything... Definitely used portrait. Didn't see a place for email or anything so not sure how they'd get in touch with me. But I applied! Hoping to be able to help out somehow since I can't do setup.

4. DJ_Psyko-M1

DJ_Psyko-M1 Physics Don't Apply

Jul 15, 2011
    Chicago
    Ahoy everybody!
    I'll be once again your Crimp commander in Chief.
    There's some switch up on duties this year.
    The BYOC team needs an army! Are you fit for the task?

Kyle: Thanks for posting this. I was about to.

Awesomeo, ShempsKid and Doomed83 like this.
  5. JethroBoom

JethroBoom Space Marine

Jul 31, 2013
    DFW
    Any update on when we might hear about invites to staff or otherwise? Missed tourney setup team this year so hoping someone else might pick up this orphan.

6. ShempsKid

ShempsKid PhD in Pain

Jul 19, 2012
    Plano, Texas
    I didn't hear until like a week ago, so I took what I was offered, but it sounds like nobody has really started reaching out yet. Hard to plan with all the last minute stuff. :-/

7. NavyChief

NavyChief Orbital Strike

Jul 19, 2012
    Arlington, TX
    Only one more week left till QuakeCon 2017 setup commences! Looking forward to helping get the venue set up and helping in whatever capacity is needed.

I hope the 'staff' check-in desk is easy to find.

8. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Baby's First WASD

Jul 15, 2011
    Go down the medium-ish long hallway and turn left where that one statue used to be, then walk past a few rooms. Pace back and forth 3 times thinking about what you really need, then climb into the painting with the deranged knight who wants to fight everyone. Do the Hokey Pokey, turn yourself around, and that's where it'll be.

JonathonC and KamaKazi06 like this.
  9. Sirskippy

Sirskippy Forum Staff Staff Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    Simple enough!

KamaKazi06 likes this.
  10. KamaKazi06

KamaKazi06 "Fucking Quake Master' Staff Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Oklahoma City, TX
    lol

11. jex

jex Orbital Strike

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    I got my work schedule. It's different from what I was originally told but I can accommodate. I'm seeing a lot of people that are disappointed to not be contacted about volunteering... Are the schedules all filled up?

12. KamaKazi06

KamaKazi06 "Fucking Quake Master' Staff Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Oklahoma City, TX
    At this point best to fill out app yes even at this time they may be pulled. Otherwise since this is new waters won't have any solid info til monday as its starts going. Once solid info is out and there is onsite something another will make a new post in here for all to see. Stay tuned at your favorite forums for insta news :)

13. jex

jex Orbital Strike

Jul 14, 2015
    TX
    K, that's what I thought...if y'all think that there's still a chance they may need volunteers then some of the other staff might want to mention it. In discord, slack, and Facebook I'm seeing people disappointed that they personally were not contacted or that a friend was not contacted. Seems a shame to turn them away before everything is accommodated for. I've been sending everyone the link to the application but wasn't sure what their chances were. I saw on a schedule that there were still plenty of gaps so I just hope that those that haven't been contacted aren't giving up quite yet.